Monday, January 31, 2011

Another month down!

Happy February, everyone!
Why is the second month of the year so fab, you ask? Well, for one, my brother's birthday is on the 24th. For two, its the shortest month of the year, and for three? Its one month closer to my amazing husband coming home from Afghanistan!

 
Its been a long time, but we are so close to the end I can taste it. There have been so many ups and downs on this deployment...a lot of them were downs. Its hard to be so close to someone and have them just ripped away...you feel like you're missing an arm without them. Your heart physically aches with sadness. You cry, and sometimes, you cry all day. You hold your breath when any black car drives down your street...'Don't stop. Keep driving. Not today, not today, not today.' Its a life unlike any other.

I can't make it sound like its all clouds and rain, because there are happy days too. Like, when you get a phone call or a letter. When your friends stop by, just because. When your sister takes you and your son out to Chuck E. Cheese. I guess I'm lucky I have such a great support system. Without everyone here to hold me up, I would have fallen over months ago.

Nowadays, I think to the future. I think of moving into our new house, arranging and rearranging the furniture, the homecoming ceremony, going running in our new neighborhood. I'm so hopeful for whats coming and thankful for whats happened. The people in my life have helped me in so many ways, but the most significant is the change I see in myself. I have grown up. I'm mature. I worry about important things like 401-k's and politics. I see the big picture, and I needed that.

Thank you, to everyone. I am humbled by the overwhelming support my little family has.  You all will never know how much your kind words, listening ears, and hours of free babysitting really mean to me...to us. I would not be where I am or who I am today without each and everyone of you. From the bottom of my heart, thank you for everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment