Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Let's get physical, physical!

I am so unbelievably out of shape. Last summer, I was running every other day and logging about 12 miles a week. Sure, thats chump change for some of you marathon runners, but for me it was pretty impressive. Now, I can't make it through my measly 30 minute workout.

I haven't completely lost hope though. I know that it takes time to work up to the awesome 7 minute mile shape that I was in before winter came around...especially on my Runner's World workout regimen (which I fully endorse and recommend to anyone who wants to take up running.) I'm just the impatient, give me immediate results type.

I'm hoping that I can get in a few races here and there this year. My ultimate goal is to make it through a marathon, but I'm just too chicken to actually sign up for one. I was thinking the Chicago Marathon in 2012...that way I have plenty of time to prepare, give up, and start over again. Honestly though, I know I can do it. The contestants on The Biggest Loser did it last season...if they can do it, damnit, so can I.

In the meantime, I'll just keep rocking out with Tony Horton, yoga, and my millions of other workout tapes to help me get there. I'm on my way baby...

No comments:

Post a Comment