Monday, April 4, 2011

Our house is a very, very, very fine house...

...with one cat in the yard. Life used to be so hard. Now everything is easy, because of you.
The new house looks amazing! Sue and I caravaned down to Clarksville, Tennessee in the Explorer and a 15' rental truck. Guess who got to drive the big, honkin' moving truck? I should have taken a picture of me driving it. I'm sure I looked quite ridiculous, haha.
Anyway, we unloaded the truck, unpacked, loaded the truck from storage, unloaded the truck again...well, you get the idea. The magical thing is we did it all by ourselves. Yes, in a town full of GI Joes the only person to offer us help was our very hungover next door neighbor. (She has 2 kids, by the way...ages 1 & 2! Babysitting, what?) Despite the lack of manpower, we got it done in a day and a half! I would upload some pictures, but my camera went AWOL during the trip.
The house is divided in fours, we have a middle unit. The living room is pretty big when you walk through the door. The kitchen is open to the living area and tucked in the back corner of the room. We set up a little sitting area near a window, a living space for socializing and television watching, and the kitchen table (which very conveniently matches the cabinetry.) Dillan's room is big, but it needs to be...this kid has so many toys, the room looks like a Toys R Us exploded. The bathroom and the bedroom are the only rooms left to unpack, which will give me something to do while I'm waiting to pick up my lovely husband from Afghanistan :)

I can't wait until next week when my family is all together again...the way it should be.

No comments:

Post a Comment